Whilst Dynamics CRM 2011 is available as a Microsoft hosted Cloud offering there are still a number of clients who have deployed it as an in-house solution.
For these clients there is now a key component available to them. The ability to monitor and manage their deployment using the same toolset that they use on the rest of their infrastructure, Microsoft System Centre. In fact this is the same toolset that Microsoft use to monitor and manage their own global data centres!
Now there is a monitoring pack specifically designed for Dynamics CRM 2011. It can be downloaded here.
The key features of the pack are really impressive and should be part of any in –house deployment.
- Monitors the availability and heath of the following components
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM Server 2011
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 E-mail Router
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Reporting Extensions
- Monitors the availability and health of the following component services:
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM Asynchronous Processing Service
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM Asynchronous Processing Service (maintenance)
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM Sandbox Processing Service
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM E-mail Router Service
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM Unzip Service
- World Wide Web Publishing Service
- Indexing Service
- Monitors the availability and health of the following application components and functionality:
- Operability of ISV plug-ins
- Web application requests processing, SOAP exceptions, and unexpected failures
- Monitors the performance metrics of the following components:
- Web application requests processing
- Database query processing
- Monitors the system for configuration-related failures.